Doncaster Central Conservatives were pleased to welcome another new member recently
Two times Olympic Champion, James Cracknell OBE, has spoken about the importance of striving to reach your goals at an event organised by Yorkshire & Humber Conservatives.
Justine Greening MP, the Secretary Of State for International Development, attended a dinner held by South Yorkshire Conservatives on Friday 15th March at The Carlton Park Hotel in Rotherham.
A group of business leaders have offered their support to the Prime Minister’s vision for a new relationship with Europe.
Conservative Councillors are delighted with the opening of the Buckingham Care Home in Penistone
Our acting Chairman of Fulwood, Marie Raynor, is a guide dog owner.
Mrs Jeanette Fish, a longstanding member of Doncaster Central Conservative Association was awarded an MBE in 2012.
The Campaign Centre Team took delight in welcoming Emma Pidding, Chairman of the National Convention to the Centre in September.
South Yorkshire Conservatives are delighted to announce that they have selected Nigel Bonson to stand as their candidate for South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner. He was selected after a meeting of South Yorkshire members on Friday 28th September.
This week has already seen 5 important signs that our long-term economic plan is building a stronger economy and creating a better, more secure future for hardworking people:
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) have upgraded their growth forecasts for Britain’s economy – and by more than for any other major advanced economy. More growth means more jobs and more people with the security of a pay packet each month.
- Exports are up, as British businesses grow and reach new customers (British Chamber of Commerce figures, Q1 2014)
- The amount we manufacture is also up – a sign that Britain is beginning to make more and the economy is rebalancing (BCC figures, Q1 2014 and ONS figures, February 2014)
- Consumer spending is up – this increase in confidence is good news for small businesses and high street shops (The VISA expenditure index - 1.6% increase in March)
- Permanent salaries are growing at the fastest rate since July 2007, bringing more financial security to hardworking people (REC/KPMG Report on Jobs, April 2014)
There is still more to do, but our plan is working. The greatest risk to the recovery remains the Labour Party, who would wreck our economy with more spending, more borrowing and more taxes.